The best way to get in the Halloween spirit is to watch a few spine-tingling scary movies, and we’ve got five badass recommendations.
1. Trick ‘r Treat – This surprisingly awesome set of spooky vignettes couldn’t be more Halloween related.
2. Drag Me to Hell – If you haven’t seen Sam Raimi’s newest masterpiece yet, it’s about time.
3. The Midnight Meat Train – If the title puts you off, you probably won’t like this gorey examination of the dangers lurking in metropolitan subway systems. But if you’re into Clive Barker (on whose short story the movie is based), you’ll probably like it.
4. Dance of the Dead – Which is scarier, zombies or high schoolers? How about both?
5. House on Haunted Hill (1959 version) – The original House on Haunted Hill is a scary-funny romp that is well worth revisiting. If you’re dubious about a ’50s horror film, I’ve got two words for you: Vincent Price.